TOP 10 Medical Colleges in India the dream for every Science student who is thinking to establish his career in the field of medical science. One can get admission in the TOP 10 Medical Colleges in India through exams like AIIMS and NEET. If you are in class 12th and you are appearing for the Board exam then you should always think to get to the TOP 10 medical colleges only as these are the best colleges who could provide you an extraordinary career and you can become a successful medical practitioner. Students who choose these colleges as their destination they have the option of going for different degrees like MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS AND MS.
Medical Colleges were established during 1950s and 1960s through the efforts of the Central and the State Governments. After independence there was a need to establish these institutes to excel the growth of the country. However in the 1980s and 1990s number of private colleges has been established so that we could have more number of students taking up this degree and can really become good doctors and physicians. Medical Council of India looks after the standard and the quality of these medical colleges. At present there are a total of 273 Indian medical colleges recognized by MCI with a total of almost 32,000 students. So students who are aspiring to take up their degree in medical science should go through the list before taking admission and choosing a college.
- All India Institutes of Medical Sciences, Delhi – AIIMS was established in the year 1956 and serves as the heart of medical education in India.
- Christian Medical College, Vellore – Christian Medical College and Hospital which is also abbreviated as CMC is a century old educational centre and is one of the best medical colleges in Vellore and ranks second in the country.
- Maulana Azad Medical College , New Delhi is a government medical College affiliated to the University of New Delhi and is again of the best medical college and ranks third among the TOP 10 Medical Colleges in India
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune was established in May 1948 and it is an amalgamation of number of Defence medical organizations.
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal – Kasturba medical College established on 30th June, 1953 is one of best college of the Private Sector and is also regarded as one of the top 5 medical colleges in India.
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi – Lady Hardinge laid the foundation stone of this college on 17th March 1914 and is affiliated to the University of Delhi. Earlier only female students were admitted but after 1970 male students are also admitted is one of the best college.
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai – Grant medical college is a prestigious institution and a premier institute and ranks among the top medical colleges in India.
- University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, New Delhi – This medical College in India was established in the year 1971 and offers various medical and Para medical courses.
- King Georges Medical University, Lucknow – This college was established in the year 1911 and is a front runner among medical institutions in India.
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai – The main focus of this college is to match the medical standards used in foreign countries like the U.S and U.K with the Indian standards. This college is of high standard and has signed an agreement with the Harvard medical International USA on 1st April 1997 and is one of the best medical colleges in India.
The TOP 10 Medical Colleges in India should be the aim of every medical student. All the top colleges have their own cut offs ranks and one has to compete hard to make a position in these colleges. Although this is not impossible but yes a bit difficult as almost lakh of students appear for the medical examination every year after class 12th to make a position in these colleges as these colleges are the top destination for every aspiring medical student.